12826847

Good Afternoon in March 2013 my wife hit a pedestrian and killed

Customer Question

Good Afternoon in March 2013 my wife hit a pedestrian and killed him whilst driving she became unconscious and mounted the kerb and killed a man. The case went to The Crown Court and my wife was found not guilty of dangerous driving, careless driving. She has an unblemished driving record works as a carer we were advised that no more charges could be pursued and the case was closed our Barrister Advised my wife has been back at work and driving for about a year and our doctor and some of my wife's elderly clients (patients) have been visited by a detective (possibly private) asking certain questions about her medication and whether she gets angry? We thought this nightmare had ended and seem to be living it again an you please advise as to what purpose the family of the bereaved are doing this as she was found not guilty and the matter was with the insurance company whom I presume have not paid out can you please help advise
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please advise whether the family of the bereaved can sue us for compensation or advise in your experience what they are looking for by contacting her GP and her workplace regarding any medical conditions ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is possible that she could be sued in negligence. I am slightly surprised they haven't anyway. That is a matter for her insurers though really.The other alternative though is that the DVLA are considering a revocation of her licence on medical grounds. That would explain the questioning about medication.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The insurance company would have paid though. They will not escape liability because she was found no guilty in a criminal court.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
My best guess would be the DVLA are interested.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jo I appreciate that
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and all the best. Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the insurance company chase her for the monies ? and recover from her as I don't believe she was insured for dirving to work only social ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If she was uninsured then they may have dishonoured the claim.It is quite unlikely that they would be investigating in this way though.