13262538

I have recently separated from my partner of 14 years, I do

I have recently separated from my partner of 14 years, I do have a property to live in and our bank accounts are separate, however he has been supporting me with £500 per month. He moved my belongings out whilst I was visiting family abroad. I had no warning or time to prepare . Do I have any right to a short term settlement to help me adjust? He is a GaP with a large pension and considerable savings. I have a modest sum saved....he also has a legal charge of £45000 on my property.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen did this happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He informed me by email that he had moved out most of my things on Feb.9th by email whilst I was in NZ...I returned back on 24th Feb. All access had been removed to what was our mainly used home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a recognised period to allow financial adjustment in this situation when one person is extremely disadvantaged by the wealthier partner
Did you make any financial contribution to his property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No .... He helped towards the running costs of mine as we used it for weekends etc. He has always earned at least 5 X my income and picked up all his own expenses plus our food bills...I supported myself other than this
HiI am so very sorry but you have no claim on your former partner for any further payments no matter for how short a time.Had you not had your own home to go to you could have applied for more time to stay in his house until you found a new home, but that is not relevant in your case.It is very hard to have to give you such bad news but sadly I cannot be anything but honest with youPlease ask if you need further detailsClare