13262538

I have recently separated from my partner of 14 years, I do

I have recently separated from my partner of 14 years, I do have a property to live in and our bank accounts are separate, however he has been supporting me with £500 per month. He moved my belongings out whilst I was visiting family abroad. I had no warning or time to prepare . Do I have any right to a short term settlement to help me adjust? He is a GaP with a large pension and considerable savings. I have a modest sum saved....he also has a legal charge of £45000 on my property.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen did this happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He informed me by email that he had moved out most of my things on Feb.9th by email whilst I was in NZ...I returned back on 24th Feb. All access had been removed to what was our mainly used home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a recognised period to allow financial adjustment in this situation when one person is extremely disadvantaged by the wealthier partner
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Did you make any financial contribution to his property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No .... He helped towards the running costs of mine as we used it for weekends etc. He has always earned at least 5 X my income and picked up all his own expenses plus our food bills...I supported myself other than this
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiI am so very sorry but you have no claim on your former partner for any further payments no matter for how short a time.Had you not had your own home to go to you could have applied for more time to stay in his house until you found a new home, but that is not relevant in your case.It is very hard to have to give you such bad news but sadly I cannot be anything but honest with youPlease ask if you need further detailsClare