75100385

I have recently received a letter dated 19.01.2016 from a conveyancing

Customer Question

I have recently received a letter dated 19.01.2016 from a conveyancing solicitor signed by a person who left the company at the end of November 2015, is this legal?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Is the letter signed by this person or does it just have their name on the letterhead?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 3 letters from this solicitor, the first dated 16.07.15 with a clearly readable legible signature, the second letter dated 30.11.15 with what looks like a scribble, I was informed on 23.12.15 that this person no longer works for the company, a final letter received on 19.01.16 signed with another scribble that does not resemble the scribble on the second letter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All 3 letters carry this persons name as a point of reference
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What do they letters say, briefly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first is a standard letter for a house purchase, the second was to confirm that all relevant documentation was in place to proceed with the purchase, and the third was a completion letter for the purchase. From an email received on 20 11.15 I was notified that this purchase was being taken over by another solicitor at this firm, so from this I suspect that the second and third letters were signed after this person had left the company.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does it affect what has been done though, did the house purchase go through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The purchase did go through eventually, 6 months for a simple no chain vacant possession transaction. I do have many grievances with the protracted time taken and the incompetence of the way in which it was handled, with the inability of the law firm not understanding simple easy to read valuation reports , poor spelling and grammar, losing important documents sent by myself and having to be resubmitted.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am putting together a complaint about the treatment I have received and want to now if it is legally wrong of just morally wrong to send out letters signed by an ex emplyee.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes its wrong, but if it went to Court a Judge would say what loss have you suffered? Save for giving a false impression then there has been no loss. But you should certainly write a letter to complain and if necessary go to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that's fine thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck and all the bestAlex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/