75100385

I recently discovered dishonesty in a Limited Company I own.

Customer Question

I recently discovered dishonesty in a Limited Company I own. The embezzlement took place over a period of 18 months up to the date of finding it. My insurance covered employee dishonesty. However Allianz are refusing my claim due to the acts of dishonesty were discovered outside of the ?Discovery Period? as defined by the policy period of 12 months commencing on the date the act or acts of fraud or dishonesty are committed. The dishonesty occurred up to 2 or 3 days before discovery. This seems unfair as I would have thought that the last 12 months could have been insured and the previous fraud not covered. Please comment
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know how much your claim is for?Alex