75100385

I have just taken delivery of a plug-in hybrid vehicle and

I have just taken delivery of a plug-in hybrid vehicle and it will be a few weeks before be powered socket is installed what are my obligations with regards ***** ***** a cable across a residential pathway this is not a public right of way it is a residential pathway on a private housing Estate if I install the cable in an approved path conduit with trip warning notices this will only be in place for the three or four hours it takes to charge the car
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Your legal obligations are that you must take care of visitors and unlawful ones who use that path to make sure they dont tripIf they trip and you didnt seek to protect them, ie via signs, warnings, or some sort of cable protector then you may be liable.It may be you want to run it through something like this:http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/cable-rampCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
so if I have warning sings and run the cable through a hi-vis yellow protection ramp I would have taken all reasonable precautions ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I think so.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/