12826847

My friend in prison was told the police would arrest him after

My friend in prison was told the police would arrest him after he contacted Crime Stoppers following prison inaction after another inmate threatened to rape his sister. This a legitimate reaction? Looks like vindictiveness, wasting police time to me, for something that could be dealt with internally.
Also, Crime Stoppers say they are 100% anonymous, his solicitor says should have been treated as official call & not listened to.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What did he tell Crime Stoppers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That an inmate had threatened to rape his sister. Prison response was to punish my friend by reduction from enhancedto basic while doing nothing about the issuer of the threat. My friend wanted a bit of justice since the prison was punishing him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My friend in a nasty cat A prison full of drugs, suicides and violence, buthey have time to harrass the man I have befriended who not in for any violent offence _ Id like a bit of justice for him too!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Nothing is ever really entirely anonymous. They are certainly able to trace numbers from prison. They will only have a case against him if the information that he gave is, they say, false. If so, then that would amount to wasting police time and maybe perverting the course of justice. They will have to prove it was untrue though. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? No rush if youre still there!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About what?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Your last post?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checking you were still there thats all considering Im new to this procedure!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the answer is above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont see any answer to my question about my friends pedicament being threatedned with police. This legitimate is my quetion & if not what can he do about it?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this. Has he any grounds for saying prison reacting disproportionately in calling police after him recording facts to Cr Stoppers ie prison using its power against him, can he so anything about it?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, not really.If the allegation is untrue then there is an offence.If not then he has a defence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, ta, 'bye.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
All the best