75100385

I guaranteed an office lease and when the company failed I

I guaranteed an office lease and when the company failed I was obliged to pay the rent until the end of the lease. I occupied the office without further paperwork. The landlord discussed me staying on and being given a new lease in my own right but after a couple of months after the end of the lease it became obvious to me that this wasn't their intention so I moved out. They now want me to pay for the quarter after the lease had ended. Is this justified? I only stayed because I thought I could get a new lease. Many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.No - unless it was agreed or authorised then no, you are not liable for a further quarter AFTER the lease ended.You are only required to pay up to occupation or until the end of the lease, whichever is longer.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex