75100385

My neighbours son is claiming that some cement fell of my

Hi my neighbours son is claiming that some cement fell of my roof and dented his car bonnet
I looked at the dent and do not believe that it was caused by cement from my roof as it is circular in shape and the cement that came down off my roof was jagged in shape
I have told the son that I do not believe that it was our roof that caused the damage, he is now threatening me with setting his insurance company loose on us with all the associated costs that he states that this will involve
Would like to know where I stand and what I should do next.
Thank you for your help
Andy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Does he have any evidence this is the case? Did he show you the fragment?ALex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi AlexI have not seen the piece of cement in question but I am not denying the fact that cement has come of my roofMy issue is that the dent is completely circular and not jagged as I would expect from a piece of cementThe other issue is that the son did not tell me personally of the incident till a week after it occurredHe did not knock on my door the day that it was supposed to happened and did not post a note through my letter box on the day that it happened my wife was in that dayI would have thought that he would have to taken a photo as proof but he has not showed my anything like thisHe was still parking his car on the driveway after he states that the incident occurred which seems strange if things where falling off my roof. My neighbour his dad said that cement had been coming off my roof for a while and did not inform meThanks for your help Andy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. I dont think you have anything to worry about. Not only does he have to prove it was cement that hit his car but also that cement came from your property.I cant see how he has any evidence of that. As such you are not liable. In any event it would be his insurance company that may or may not take a view on this.But unless he can prove both of the above items, you are not liable.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos of the dentWhat happens if the insurance company believe him and go after us?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then if any claim is £10k or below its a small claim.In any event they must prove it was cement and came from your property.If not any claim fails.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing he has is a photo of the condition of my roof and I have photos of his car parked under it after the incident occurredThanks Andy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I cant see how that proves it Andy, I really dont.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything else for you at all today?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and thank you for your help, that is allCheers Andy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck Andy.Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/