29905560

We are a small day centre learning difficulties,

Customer Question

We are a small day centre for adults learning difficulties, from time to time one of our customers will bring in a DVD to watch. Do we need a licence to show these DVD's ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is any body the Rest?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. If you are going to show copyrighted films in public then you will need a non-theatrical film licence. If you show a film in public without a licence you could be sued for damages by the copyright owner. You can obtain a licence from either of these, depending on which covers the specific film you are going to show: http://www.filmbankmedia.com/licences/ http://www.themplc.co.uk/page/film-club-1 Of course you can take the risk and show the film anyway as the chances of the finding out are rather slim. This is nothing new - there are likely hundreds of places showing films without licences and few ever get caught but of course that is entirely at your own risk. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.