12826847

I have just got a summons of 60. In the report

Customer Question

I have just got a summons for excess of 60. In the report it states I was paced and the speed did not fall below 90. This was on a***** There was no trafic the weather was clear cold road was dry- damp.
I have a clean licence for the past 25 yrs.
My bigest worry is getting 6 points or more then I will not be able to ride the Blood bikes, which cary blood, breast milk, samples,records etc from hospital to where ever is needed. I am also training to observe for bike safe and advanced riding.
I work as a farmer and have farms 13 miles appart, therefore need my licence to travel to tend to my animals. I do this alone, have no employees.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
Are you asking what sentence you will face?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes and what is the best way to lessen the sentence?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
What is the speed alleged?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On the ticket it says excessspeed 60. On the witnes statement ( the police officer) it states, speed did not fall below 90mph.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Do you know what the limit was?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Speed limit was 60mph. National speed limit for A road.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
Would this happen to have been detected by a police car rather than a GATSO device?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes by a plain car with Vascar 4000
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
Proceeding on the basis that they are alleging that your speed reached 90 mph at least at one point whilst in a 60 mph zone then the guidelines say that you would be facing either 4-6 points or a ban of between 7 - 28 days. You are at the very highest end of that sentencing bracket though so I would expect either 6 points or a short ban. That said, evidence of speed gathered by a VASCAR device is notoriously less reliable than a GATSO or a laser gun. It is a very slapdash method of gathering evidence which is why they only use it to prosecute people who are substantial miles per hour over the limit. Generally speaking, mitigation though takes the form of pointing to the absence of heavy traffic, shortness of any distance driven at speed, clarity of weather conditions, safety of the road, absence of vulnerable road users. There will be a financial order as well. You may be lucky and get them to impose 5 points but I’m afraid there is a risk of a 6 points or a ban. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will the fact that I need my licence to run my busines and take my wife to hospital for appointments following a broken femur, make a diference. Could I be offered a speed awareness course.
Is it worth mentioning that I am a volunteer Blood Bike rider and am training to be an observer for bike safe.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
Not to this. It isn't an exceptional hardship issue because you are not a totter.You are not going to get a speed awareness course for doing 90mph in a 60 mph zone I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should I have been suppied with the video evidence from the police car?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.
No, They will produce it at court but not usually unless and until there is a trial.