How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Ihave a problem and I need some advice, please. I

Resolved Question:

Ihave a problem and I need some advice, please.
I have paid £450 to a company to be trained as a lorry loader (HIAB certificate) and forklift operator last year in March and after I've finished my training I was provided with two certifcates and two cards which seem to be ok as I couldn't see any difference comparing with my colleague ones.
I didn't need those certificates until this week. A company found my CV on internet and offered me a job as a Class 2 HIAB driver and I was asked to provide all the necessary qualification documents in order to sign the working contract (for £28,000/year).
When they check my HIAB card I was told that they need to see if the company who trained me and issued the certificates are RTITB/ITTSAR certified.
After getting in touch with the training company which issued my certificates my new emplyer was told that they are not certified at all and my certificates are actually useless.
Please advise me what can I do in this case.
Thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, AlexThank you for getting in touch with me.I want to have valid certificates and cards for forklift and HIAB as I've done the training properly an I've also paid for it (I still have the receipts to prove it) in order to be able to start my new job.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I want to stop this company to take money from people like me just to issue fake certificates which are useless for our driving industry. This company has a website and is also training for class 1 and class 2 drivers. Imagine what danger are representing this drivers on the road and it is definitely not their fault because they have trusted this company exactly like me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
are they regulated by a professional body?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what to say because is nothing on their website. The company's name is "ACE training ltd" and their website is "". They are based on Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire.Please go on their website and see if you can find what you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You will find on their site that they are still offering fork lift trainings and HIAB lorry crane (under other courses available from Ace)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would complain to the driver standards agency. It looks as if they may be regulated by those. However you can't make them give you a recognised licence if they are not accredited. All you can do is seek a refund of those sums, but complain to the driving standards agency.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I met the trainer today and the only thing he is willing to do is just to give me my £450 back and that's it. He was very rude and absolutely no interested that I will have no job starting Monday because I have ceased my contract with my previous employer in order to start my new job on Monday 14.03.2016.My other problem is that I've spoked with some accredited trainers in my area and the soonest available training session will be on 21st April 2016.Am I entitled to ask him now to pay my salary for a month while I will have no job because I can't start my new job because of his fake certificate and can't go back to my previous employer either as I ceased my contract already?Thank you,Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You are entitled to claim back ALL YOUR LOSSES.So everything including loss of earnings.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify for you?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much, Alex. Your advice is really helpful to me and I really appreciate your help. I will recommend this site to my all my friends.Have a nice weekend!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
And you!Thanks.Alex

Related Law Questions