LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My son is in prison with sentence 2years and 8months he is

My son is in prison with sentence 2years and 8months he is british citizen he wonts to know if this effect him
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience I will try to answer this for you. Effect hin in what way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When he go sentence the judge said he will also be deported and he will be passing the file to uk border. He is British Citizen and all his family also. I wanted to know if they can do this and what rights would my son have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If he is a British citizen he can not be deported unless his citizenship is revoked, which is very unusual and in practice unless he has dual nationality there would be nowhere to deport him to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are originally from Kosovo, he doesn't have any other passports expected the British passport, he has been in UK since August 1999. So in this case can they still deport him and if they do what rights has he got.
No they can not. The Judge made a mistake. Your son shod be able to get this confirmed by his own solicitor who knows all the facts of the case. The Judge does not have the power to order to deportation he has the power to recommend it. The HO will not deport. IF this is pesisted wiht he will get advance wiarning and will be able to appeal the intetntion but it willnot happen.