13262538

If a judgement has been made in court but that is then appealed

If a judgement has been made in court but that is then appealed what stands as law until the appeal goes to court. I.e. If in bankruptcy. Dose Horton v Henry decision remain as true until the appeal has been heard?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.This is about the issue of Case Law and how it is used in the courts.Technically until there has been a successful appeal then the Precedent stands, however when it is know that there is an outstanding appeal it is not a precedent on which anyone would rely given the uncertain nature of the outcome!I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare