12826847

I own a domain name of a newly set up social enterprise and

Customer Question

I own a domain name of a newly set up social enterprise and CIC. The 'backend' of the website consists of a content management system and, separately, a forum called phpbb. I have recently been asked for (and agreed) to give the passwords to an independent party who claims he is a 'technical wizard'. I don't know him personally but his wife (who has been doing a lot of work for the organisation) recommended him.
I have passed over the details of access to the domain name site, passwords, email addresses and accounts (plus their passwords) etc. He has copied the site onto a different server in order to prevent the organisation having to pay hosting fees of £144 a year. So far all is well. However, I am really concerned now (a little late ...) that I have nothing in writing to protect my business. I need to draw up a document that clearly states that I own everything, the site, the domain, the information on the site etc and that none of this can be used by him.
I've tried to research who I should get advice from with regard to this but am lost in a maze of legal areas, none of which seem to be a perfect 'fit' for what I need.
Please could you let me know who would specialise in this area? Ultimately, all I want is a document with a clear statement that I own the lot and that he and his wife cannot change all the passwords and take over! Or if he and his wife should separate in the future, one or other of them cannot do this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear do you have anything in writing saying you are owed for the software etc?Alex