How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10711
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

To apply derivative residence card my non- EEA partner

Resolved Question:

To apply for a derivative residence card my non- EEA partner and my EEA child need a comprehensive sickness insurance. I added both of them to my private medical insurance provided by my company and the insurance fee is deducted monthly from my salary. Is this the insurance tha Home Office requires?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Yes, in order to be eligible in five years time to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain and citizenship, it is necessary that your non-EEA partner and your EEA child have private medical cover. Adding them to your private health insurance cover is sufficient so long as the policy covers all sickness and a stay in hospital where you would otherwise be reliance upon the NHS. Essentially, the medical insurance policy must be wide enough so as to ensure that neither your partner nor child need to rely upon the NHS medical service.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you