Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

To apply derivative residence card my non- EEA partner

To apply for a derivative residence card my non- EEA partner and my EEA child need a comprehensive sickness insurance. I added both of them to my private medical insurance provided by my company and the insurance fee is deducted monthly from my salary. Is this the insurance tha Home Office requires?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Yes, in order to be eligible in five years time to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain and citizenship, it is necessary that your non-EEA partner and your EEA child have private medical cover. Adding them to your private health insurance cover is sufficient so long as the policy covers all sickness and a stay in hospital where you would otherwise be reliance upon the NHS. Essentially, the medical insurance policy must be wide enough so as to ensure that neither your partner nor child need to rely upon the NHS medical service.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.