75100385

We own the land that our neighbours park on. They have the

We own the land that our neighbours park on. They have the right to pass and repass, load and unload. I wish to stop any of them applying for a prescriptive easement to park. I have written them a letter giving them permission to park there at present and understand that as they are parking with permission this is sufficient to prevent the claim. What proof do I need that they have received the letter? They could claim they did not know of the permission. The neighbour I am particularly concerned about has the property let and so I need to send the letter to his home address. Is recorded delivery sufficient?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How long have they been doing this for please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They bought the house 20 years ago and after renovations moved in 19 years ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did send a letter one year ago but I do not know if they received it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
ok. You need a formal licence. A letter won't do it. You need to get a solicitor to draw up a licence saying you permit them for a year and the licence will run year to year.It will also say that they gain no rights. But get this done to protect yourself.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex. I will make an appointment with our local solicitor.
Sarah
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck Sarah and have a great weekendAlex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/