29905560

Sorry - I ended up posting a new question as I couldn't work

Customer Question

Sorry - I ended up posting a new question as I couldn't work out how to 're-request you'! If you are able to help me draft the ET1 though I would really appreciate it. I do take on board your comments about meeting a lawyer in person etc, but tbh the cost is so steep and I feel I am pretty much there - it is more about what to 'take out' to put in the ET1 (attachment) rather than what is to put in. I finally had my grievance meeting on Thursday and it went (I think) quite well - very much thanks to your help!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, drafting an ET1 or even going through one, will be a premium service as it will take some time. I can have a look at what you have done so far and give you a quote for the work needed?
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's absolutely fine - I have (tried) to attach both the ET1 form and the 'attachment' - just let me know...and thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help in advance. I am hoping that I can finalise this early next week, but let me know (I have more 'time in hand').
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, amended version attached. You should have been a lawyer to be honest, not working in HR :) Anyway I have removed some ancillary details which I do not believe were relevant. You have to remember that this will be skim-read by a judge so try to nail down the main issues. In claims like this it it impossible to remove a lot of the detail as it provides context so it will have to remain but I hope that what you have now is sufficient. Also remember that a lot more detail can be submitted through you witness statement later on in the process
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...and thank you :) I like all the amendments, and particularly the 'ending'. I wasn't sure that I could quote 'unfair dismissal' when I do not technically have 'unfair dismissal rights'!
Were you able to review the actual ET1 document too? I had a few small specific details (I have never actually done an ET1, only ET3s!):
Do you think it is OK how I have completed 6.3 and 6.5 (as clarity)?
Also - 8.1 - is this OK?
9.2 - should I just copy the exact wording you have put at the end of my 'attachment' instead?
Thank you very much for your help. I feel very happy with the document...but may well be in touch if they continue to be stubborn and I need to complete a statement (although it will of course be based on this document anyway!)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you are claiming automatic unfair dismissal, rather than unfair dismissal but the remedy is the same. You may want to change Para 101(d) to autonomic unfair dismissal, but the tribunal will know what you mean either way. Sorry I did not have the chance to look at the ET1, having considered it I would make the following changes: Remove details from 6.58.1 - Replace with "I believe I was treated detrimentally and subsequently dismissed as a result of making public interest protected disclosures. Full details are provided in the attached Background Details document. "8.2 - Full details are provided in the attached Background Details document9.2 - List the following:Difference between SSP and full notice pay for the third month of my notice period (January 2016)0.5 days' holiday paya declaration that I have suffered a detriment contrary to section 47B of the ERA 1996;a declaration that I have been automatically unfairly dismissed under section 103A of the ERA 1996;compensation for detriment suffered during employment;compensation for automatic unfair dismissal;compensation for financial loss and injury to feelings.