Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Does a Solicitor have to notify the government of anyone inheriting

Does a Solicitor have to notify the government of anyone inheriting approx £70,000 some of the family are inheriting are on benefits and others are working.
Hi, thanks for your question. No, this is not the solicitor's responsibility. Legally it is the recipient's responsibility to inform the relevant benefit agencies of a change of circumstances which will include inheritance.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.