Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Does a Solicitor have to notify the government of anyone inheriting

Does a Solicitor have to notify the government of anyone inheriting approx £70,000 some of the family are inheriting are on benefits and others are working.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. No, this is not the solicitor's responsibility. Legally it is the recipient's responsibility to inform the relevant benefit agencies of a change of circumstances which will include inheritance.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.