Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I'm intending to buy my ex partner out however my late father put down a deposit of £

Customer Question

I'm intending to buy my ex partner out however my late father put down a deposit of £40,000 but had no deed of trust put in place.Also I deposited a further £20,000 into his account which was meant for home improvements which he spent & not a penny went on the house.
He is now instructing his solicitor to get a 60:40 split when I buy him out, the mortgage & deeds are soley on his name.. Where do I stand legally if I refuse this proposal?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required: -Are you, or were you, married to him?-If you have any children together - if so how old are they and what are the arrangements for them?-Whose name is ***** ***** in?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please provide the information requested so that I can assist you.