29905560

I wish to leave my daugther out of my will, if I include

I wish to leave my daugther out of my will, if I include a letter stating this with my will can she contest it ?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. That could indeed be challenged as it is not an official way of amending a will. There are a couple of ways to do that - one is using a codicil (an official amendment) or just making a new will. A codicil has to follow specific requirements and if it does not it may make it invalid so the safest option is to create a new will. You just have to remove the parts which you do not want included any longer, so any reference to your daughter in this case. Then you need to sign it and witness it as you did with the original will. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of what you should do to ensure the new will is the formal one, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So just write a new will copying the existing one exactly as it is, but removing the parts you no longer want. Also ensure the following:· That the new clearly says that it revokes any older wills or codicils. Just include this wording at the beginning: “I revoke all my earlier wills, codicils and testamentary dispositions”· If you own assets in different parts of the world and have a corresponding will, make sure that your new will does not inadvertently revoke that other will.· Destroy all copies of your old will– either by tearing it up, shredding it or burning it.· Tell your executor where your new will is kept so they can find it when the time comes.