75100385

I took out credit with argos in my son's name. i forgot to

Customer Question

i took out credit with argos in my son's name. i forgot to make the payment and subsequently he has a default notice on his credit report which is otherwise perfect. I have paid off the debt in full however the default notice still shows on his credit report. I need to fix this for him. He does not want to report this to the police however if this is the only way to sort the dreadful mistake I made what do we do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Does the default show as satisfied?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i took out this credit without my sons consent.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - its bad news I am afraid. The credit file is accurate. Unless Argos are willing to remove it there is nothing you can do.There is an option under the Data Protection Act 1998 to remove information which is incorrect. But this is not because of the circumstances you describe above.Save for him applying to Court and asking that it is removed (clearly there would be an issue of fraud for you and the Police may become involved), there is nothing you can do.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any benefit in writing to the chief executive of argos and explaining the situation? what might i expect if prosecuted?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Well you could but its fraud no matter how you dress it up.You could face custody.I am sorry.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything else for you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. if custody, do you mean imprisonment and if so how long do you think?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do mean prison. I can't say if you dont have any previous less than 6 months.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.