Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have entered into a Deed of Trust with a person on a property

I have entered into a Deed of Trust with a person on a property matter. He passed away one year ago. I have agreed to pass his interest to the benefectiories under his will. They want to buy the property . I donot want to sell. Do they have a right to buy?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. As you have a legal interest in the property by having your name om the title they cannot force to buy your share or sell the property. Unless there is agreement, they will nees to pursue a court application to deal with this. At this time the beneficiaries are only entitled to the deceased's share.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you