29905560

Jones – new terms in employment contract (3). The

For Ben Jones – new terms in employment contract (3).
The terms state:
“A copy of the rules of the scheme can be obtained from the Pension Advisor. Subject to eligibility and the schemes rules, all new entrants into the plan will receive Company contributions of 9% of annual salary, payable in 12 equal monthly instalments.”
Mr A entered the scheme where Company contributions are 9% of annual salary. This is non-contributory by employee (where Mr A is not required to pay any sums in to receive the 9%).
It doesn’t state anything about existing employees in the scheme but rather states the facts for new entrants. Should the contract state Mr A’s existing policy?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, there is no formal requirement for the existing policy to be mentioned in the contract. In reality nothing will change. Looking at the wording the conditions are the same – it is a pension scheme where the employer pays 9% of earnings without the pre-condition of any contributions by the employee so he will not be disadvantaged in any way. In effect, nothing at all will change – he will continue being in the pension scheme as an existing employee and n the same terms as he is on now, even if no reference is made to his existing status in the scheme. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you