29905560

Jones – new terms in employment contract (6).Mr

For Ben Jones – new terms in employment contract (6). Mr A has sent by email questions to HR but HR do not reply in writing. They would rather just speak face to face or over the telephone. Therefore Mr A has no record of these answers/conversations. What should Mr A do in case things start heading in the wrong direction?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this can be dealt with in a few ways. First of all the employee could keep notes of these conversations. Just taking brief notes with the main points of the conversation on a piece of paper is sufficient, to give an idea of what has been discussed and on what date. It is not a legal document that can be used but it can be useful to jog his memory in terms of disputing or reminding them of the discussions held. It would look much better if he has direct reference to a specific conversation, what was discussed and when for example, rather that work from memory. He could also record the conversations if necessary. He does not need their consent and as long as there is no personal information discussed in these calls about anyone else, there will be no data protection issues either. Finally he could just follow up each conversation with an email to HR, summarising what was discussed – That would show that he had sent his version of events to them and unless formally challenged by HR, it may be assumed that thy had agreed to this version of events. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you