Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have been left a part share in my stepmothers house the executor

I have been left a part share in my stepmothers house the executor has not even put the house up for sale what time period should this be done , I have asked and asked but still no answer.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****, at the outset, be aware that an executor has a period of grace, known as the "executor's year" within which to administer the estate of a deceased person. After this time period, an executor can be replaced and someone else put in their place. Secondly, if you were left a part share in your stepmother's house, the executor will put the house into the names of the beneficiaries. It will then be up to the beneficiaries what to do, such as then selling it. One part owner can insist upon a sale. It is only if the will expressly provides for the house to be sold that the executor will sell it. If the will does provide for the house to be sold, then you should get a solicitor to write formally on your behalf to the executor, or you should write formally yourself, calling upon the executor to exercise their power of sale and to sell the property. If this fails, then you can seek to replace the executor for they are in default of their duty to administer the estate in accordance with the will.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.