12826847

My sister, a beneficiary to my late fathers estate, wants to

Customer Question

my sister, a beneficiary to my late fathers estate, wants to buy my late fathers house. The other beneficiaries have agreed to this verbally. The solicitor acting for the estate of which I am one of two executors, will not agree to a transfer of title with financial input and are insisting on a full contract of sale. We have been trying to move forward on this since November but to no avail. My sister is keen to get the process. Om pelted by 31stMarch in view of the changes to stamp duty on second properties. Can I insist that the solicitor deals with it as a transfer of title or must I adhere to his position?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHas the solicitor said why he wishes to do it this way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His position is that he is feels he must do things via a contract of sale because of the possibility of unknown repercussions in the future. He has bee no more specific than that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the Estate worth and how much is the house worth?