75100385

I rent caravan space in my yard and I have a client who has

I rent caravan space in my yard and I have a client who has not paid for almost 15 months now despite writing to them to request payment. Their caravan is deteriorating and is not worth the value of the debt but is taking up a valuable space. What can i do regarding recovery of the debt (£560) and removal of the caravan?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Have you said you will seeks a court order? I assume someone is living there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, No, the caravan space is for storage only and I have written advising of both the mounting debt and the deterioration of the caravan.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Anything in writing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I wrote on the 13th October 2015 to advise of the debt, asking them to bring payments up to date and asking them to inspect their caravan due to the deterioration. In the 3 years I have owned the storage site, they have never visited the caravan or taken it out to use it and I have never met them. I took over the rental space from the previous owner of the house & yard.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you need to apply to the court, because you want to take in effect possession.So you need to apply to court for possession and seek judgment on the arrears.Once you get possession then you can sell everything there, if it's worth anyhing to satisfy the debt.But you reed a court order.Can I clarify anything for you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this 2 separate applications to the court - one for the debt and one for possession? As the caravan really needs scrapping and I want the space to utilize for a paying customer.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, its one. You ask for possession AND Judgment for the arrears.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great, good luck
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/