29905560

Am I to late to pursue a bullying complaint as I have now

Hi, am I to late to pursue a bullying complaint as I have now left the company, I have never officially complained about the treatment I received as I did'nt want to involve my workmates as they were witnesses to a lot of it.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, as I said before am I to late to pursue a bullying case. I have left my employment and never officially complained of my treatment from my manager but now I have left I realise how bad his treatnent was to me. I did have a meeting with the company and they said as I had left there was nothing I could do, is this correct.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
When did you leave the company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My resignation letter stated that I would leave on Friday 18th March but on the 10th March was handed a letter accepting my resignation and also that I would be paid monies due up to the 18th but was required to leave the company immediately, which I did.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
thanks and finally how long did you work there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thirteen years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
In the case of bullying your first option would have been to complain internally to the employer, most commonly through a grievance. However, this is a right which you only get whilst still employed by them, so once your employment has terminated they have no obligation to deal with your grievance. However, these are only your internal rights with the employer. You still have the option to pursue a tribunal claim. The issue is that you cannot make a separate claim for bullying and you would only be able to pursue it by making a claim for constructive dismissal. This is where you have been forced to resign as a result of the employer’s bullying or other unreasonable behaviour. You only have 3 months to make a claim from the date your employment terminated so you are limited on time but still within it. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the steps you need to take to pursue this further, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.