75100385

Alex, I am a landlord trying to repossess my property due to my tenant who passed

Hi Alex,
I am a landlord trying to repossess my property due to my tenant who passed on January
I have served two months notice on to her daughters which expires today since they are not paying since January.
The question is what forms do I need to make a claim at the court and how do I address it considering tenant is late??
Will accelerated repossession work in this situation???
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for requesting me.To be clear how many months are they in arrears?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Three months..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then assuming you have protected the deposit then you can use the accelerated procedure.You would need to use form N5bhttp://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n005b-eng.pdfAnd N119:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n119-eng.pdfThe Court will consider this on the papers and decide whether to give possession.Can I clarify anything for you about this today pleaseAlex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it mean I have to use both forms to file the application???
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you should.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Alex.. Thanks for that..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You forgot to answer the other part of the question on how to address the forms..Personal Representative or Names of my late tenant's daughters???Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would do it for whoever is in the property at present.If you know their name then fine or persons unknown if you dont
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for late questions..Do I need to enclose tenancy agreement of late tenant??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would, although technically the tenancy has ended because they have passed awayAlex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, grateful...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No problemPlease do remember to rate before you go so the site credits me for the time.Thanks in advance. Alex