Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Good morning. I'm Portuguese but married to a Tunisian man.

Customer Question

Good morning. I'm Portuguese but married to a Tunisian man. It's hard to be apart for so long. I would like to know if there is a way to bring in to live with me here in the UK. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I'm Portuguese but married to a Tunisian man. It's hard to be apart for so long. I would like to know if there is a way to bring in to live with me here in the UK. If there is what us it needed?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. You can apply for an EU Family Permit for your husband and he can come to England to live with you on it. There is no income necessary for you to have in order to bring your husband to the UK under the EU Family Permit as there is if you were a UK citizen. Here is a link to the UK Government website which explains how to get a EU Family Permit https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview. You can apply online at this link https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/apply. Be aware that you will need a copy of your marriage certificate in order to apply as well as the passport of your husband must be submitted in order for the application to be accepted. The process is that the EU Family permit is valid for six months in the first instance. Then your husband applies for a Permanent Residence card, which he will get without any problem. This will last for five years. AFter five years living in the UK he may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. And after another year - six years in all - he may apply for UK citizenship.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.