13262538

I'm just scared that the longer he pushes it,less money I

Customer Question

I'm just scared that the longer he pushes it,less money I get if I get anything at all.
Trying to avoid going to solicitors and court,because what ever I get I will have to give everything back.
Is there any other way I could get this settled easier,quicker and stress free.
I've got proof from him that he is willing to pay some money back.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi SandraMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow long were you living together in totalHow much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgageWhat other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I'm not sure exactly what it's worth now,I haven't spoken to him for over 4years.
I've been advised to go and see mediator,but I have mention it to my ex before and he refused.
It's like he's pushing time and I don't know if he's doing it on purpose so I won't get anything after some time or he just hasn't got the money.
We agreed on a sum that I will be receiving from him,but that was over a year ago.he said that he will be paying monthly,recently he texted saying he needs more time but will pay in full.
I'm just feed up of waiting around,he's just taking advantage of me even if haven't been together for so long.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How long were you living together in total
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been together for under 9years,lived in the property for under 5 years.
What's the best and cheapest option to hurry him up?!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Best guess on the value of the house, what other assets are there and what income do you each haveAre you willing to issue divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had property valued few years back,but me and him agreed on sum that I will be getting.
But I found out that he got rid of all the furniture without asking me if I want to take any.
I want this done as soon as possible,I don't want to drag things any longer.
I don't know what he does for living and what he earns.
I work in retain and earn 16k.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I undesstand that a figure was agreed - but since he has not paid it it may no longer be enough
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to bother you,I didn't expect you to reply so late.
I would love to get more from him,the amount of money that I paid monthly to his account to pay off morgage.
But the property isn't in my name,so it goes against me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in responseThe fact that the property is in his sole name does not necessarily go against you if you lived together for nine years?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply,
He texted me that he's got the money now.but wants me to sign the divorce and agreement papers.once I've signed he'll transfere the money in to my account.
But I'm thinking on going to mediator,I want them to take in consideration his pension,his cars that he kept changing very often,I think I'm owed more to what he's offering.
The only thing is I don't know if he will agree on it.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
His agreement is not the issue - it is what a court would say that matters!The starting point is to get the divorce under way - then to attend family mediation to discussthe possibility of a settlementIf you need further details then please ask for further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your advice.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome