Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I'm currently on Tier 2 Visa as a doctor. My brother

I'm currently on Tier 2 Visa as a doctor. My brother is starting a limited company in the UK. Can I be a director of the limited company please? And can I own a business account for the company?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Hoong, there is no limitation upon a person on a Tier 2 visa in acting as a director. Once you are validly in the UK, then you can act as director. However, any bank account has to be in the name of the company and you can be a signatory. Company law does not allow the finances of a limited company to be conducted through a personal bank account. So, once yourself and your brother have set up the limited company, a company bank account should be opened in the name of the company. You can then be a signatory of this company bank account and move money around as you see fit.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr Buachaill,Just to clarify, am I right to assume that as long as I'm not an employee of the company, I can be the director of the company even if the company sector is unrelated to my current primary job as a doctor on a Tier 2 Visa?Alright we are opening the bank account in the name of the company.Thank you!!