75100385

Some 8 years ago my partner was made bankrupt and paid a

Customer Question

Hi some 8 years ago my partner was made bankrupt and paid a certain amount of his wages towards his bankruptcy each month for several years. he was the discharged about three to four years ago.
He has been contacted regarding PPi which he may be entitled to claim. If he claims the PPi and receives money, will that have to go to the court or creditors of his bankruptcy
Peter
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Peter my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this,Its unlikely your partner will be able to keep any money. This is because if a PPI policy was mis-sold before your partner was made bankrupt, any claim or potential claim connected to it is counted as an asset This means it's owned by the official receiver or the trustee, not by your partner, and is part of the bankruptcy estate.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks a lot thats quick and clear. i thought that as he had paid so much and that he had been discharged that his money was his, but i understand what your saying
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes indeed, it is a strange one. But sadly its an asset of the Trustee.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi not sure if the rating i gave you has gone through? please can you check as i gave a five star.
Peter
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It has yes, thank you.