Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Please could you let me know - how to file a Small

Please could you let me know
- how to file a Small Claim online
- what do I need to do before doing so and
- what do I need to fileThank you and Best regards,
Quynh
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.-please confirm if you are in England or Wales?-what is the claim for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Harris,
Thank you for your response.
It is in England. My tenants did not pay the rent for many months and left the house.Thank you.
Best regards,
Quynh
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
How much is the rent arrears for?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please provide the information requested so that I can assist you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Harris,
Thank you for your message. The totall unpaid rent is less than £5k. It should be a Small Claim.Thank you and Best regards,
Quynh
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is the amount of £5000 you can pursue the money claim and submit the application to court online here: https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online Before doing so you should send the debtor a letter before claim informing them of the debt and give them a reasonable deadline to settle the debt, and threaten to take the matter to court and to seek your costs and interest to be added to the debt. If they do not respond then you can pursue the application online above and it is a fairly straightforward process - initially you just need to outline the debt amount and details as well as confirm that you have attempted to settle this, including the ways you have attempted, before submitting the court application. Please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Harris
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No worries, if you have any further questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris