How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2848
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Please can you advise. Can my partner who lives in the

Resolved Question:

Please can you advise. Can my partner who lives in the Philippines get a divorce here. If so, does she need to be here.Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In order for her to pursue a divorce in England she has one of the following has to be satisfied:-Both of you were last habitually resident in England and Wales and the you still reside here;OR- for her to be domiciled and habitually resident her for at least 6 months prior to submitting a divorce petition. OR-if you are habitually resident in England or Wales. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you