Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Please can you advise. Can my partner who lives in the

Please can you advise. Can my partner who lives in the Philippines get a divorce here. If so, does she need to be here.Thank you.
Malcolm
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In order for her to pursue a divorce in England she has one of the following has to be satisfied:-Both of you were last habitually resident in England and Wales and the you still reside here;OR- for her to be domiciled and habitually resident her for at least 6 months prior to submitting a divorce petition. OR-if you are habitually resident in England or Wales. Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you