JustAnswerKM
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
90849391

I am a British citizen, living in New Zealand since 1996.

I am a British citizen, living in New Zealand since 1996. When I do reach 65 (NZ pension age) I will need to provide info to the NZ government on what UK pension I may be due. Problem is I don't have my National Insurance number. I worked part-time (after school) from 15 - 18, then full time 18 to 30 years of age. Any ideas on who to apply to? I have been in contact with agencies in UK but getting no where.
Chrissy Southwell
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****sy Thank you for your message. The government agency is a department within HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs).You can either apply online or by post, however the agency will post the number to you. Please see the link below:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-insurance-get-your-national-insurance-number-in-writing-ca5403 In case you prefer to speak to them, I have noted the number below:Telephone: (+44) 0300(###) ###-####pening times:8.30am to 5pm, Monday to FridayClosed weekends and bank holidaysI hope that helps.Best of luck, Kind regardsKrystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.