75100385

We live on a row of 8 terraced houses all the row ajoins onto

we live on a row of 8 terraced houses all the row ajoins onto an unadopted road at the back of us we have had an illegal fly tipping of about 3 tons of asbestos industrial roofing sheets,who would be responsible for its removal and cost.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Who owns the unadopted road?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
according to our deeds it used to belong to a company no longer trading by many years ago, and now not sure of who owns it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - its down to whoever owns it. The Council wont touch it because its unadopted, therefore is not their responsibility.It would be the owner of the land. Someone must own it, if the company went bust then it would be an asset of the company and should have been sold or the Receivers would have it.You can speak with the Land Registry to see who owns it. But whoever the owner is, would be responsible.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your speedy reply, we already know that there is a problem of the land ownership because the local council do not seem to know, I will get in touch with the land registry and try to get to the bottom of it. Getting back to back to the initial question, I reported it to the council, and because of this they dealt with me, they say that I am responsible, although the did not say that the whole row was responsible, do you think this is true or would the whole of the row be also responsible and also the land owners.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, you can't be responsible, you dont own the land!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, i would like to think that, but i have the all powerful Bolton Metro in Greater Manchester that say different, what does concern me is that i have only spoken to the council and they have been out to inspect it and verbally said that it is in a safe condition not saying that is a safe material and they are not responsible and i am and to move it, and i do not have anything in writing.
well i have to sign of for now as i have to go to work.
I am satisfied with your response, so proceed with my charge for your service, I will be wanting to ask possible further questions later Thanks for now. Greg
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Greg. If I could invite you to rate then so the site pays me for the time spent. The question does not close
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is that ok?Alex