75100385

I Have a problem, at the back of my garden i had a land slide

I Have a problem, at the back of my garden i had a land slide from a cliff , the cliff is owned by the local council and they decided on safety grounds that the cliff needed to be removed and made safe, to do this they needed to completely flatten my garden , they made me sign licence agreement and promised to reinstate my garden which they have BUT the workmanship is well below standard , the brick walls are not straight , some are loose and the replaced decking is badly fitted and scratched , they have said they will come back and do small snagging but this is a lot more than small snagging , it needs to be rebuilt and relayed correctly, its me against the council and I feel I have no way of fighting my corner , how can I get an independant inspection to prove its bad workmanship and not me being picky as they suggest. please help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Do you know the cost of getting this put right please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approximately £1500
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - you need to get a surveyor and get quotes for getting the work done, send these to the Council.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of those costs within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you , how do I find a serveyor and can I take the council to court over this as they have commissioned the builders to reinstate, not me, thats why I have no teeth with the builders , I can not retain payment as the council is paying !
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should just be able to google one or go here:https://www.cices.org/You take the Council to Court
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/