75100385

Last year my ex-wife was coerced at a Mind Body Spirit fee

Customer Question

Last year my ex-wife was coerced at a Mind Body Spirit fee into signing a 'provisional' booking form for a stand at this years exhibition, 12 months in advance. The organisers are pursuing get for a cancellation fee of £420, as their terms were cancellation within 14 days of signing the agreement. She repeatedly told the sales person that she couldn't commit to it and was told not to worry it's just provisional. My gut reaction is that she has been taken advantage of, she is dyslexic, by misleading sales tactics and unfair pressure and I wish to see what can be done. Can you help!?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know why she didnt amend the terms to reflect this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was asked to sign this as she was clearing up at the end of the festival. She is dyslexic and took the person at their word that it was not binding as a contract. I have asked them to provide a copy and am awaiting their response.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07876 507624 free from 1.30pm today. Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You may need to remind me as I am just on the train.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am free now until 3 then again after 3.45. Will you call me or is there a number I can call you on?!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, good to speak.Too confirm, are you happy with the following, and should it come from my ex?Thanks, IanDear Sir,Due to breach of contract through misrepresentation, I/we will not be paying your invoice.Best regards,Ian/Akushi
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
that's it! Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, the MBS people wish to take the matter to a small claims court. Would you be able to speak to Akushi directly? How can we set that up?!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I cant be instructed as this is a question and answer site. You would need to instruct your own Solicitor. Alex