12826847

MY wife has voluntary terminated a PCP car purchase she has

Customer Question

MY wife has voluntary terminated a PCP car purchase she has paid 3 years into a 4 year contract so was fully entitled to so the car was returned and accepted as in acceptable condition last December
the mileage when returned was 36,000 the contact was 8,000 miles per year
They are looking to charge £660 for excess mileage as they have based on a pro rata basis ie 24,000 they are also looking for an extra £169 which is described as contractual amounts this has never been mentioned and i don't even no what it is
i have read many forums that claim that they cannot claim for Excess mileage but it seems a very grey area i have no problem with paying them the 4,000 over the 32000 on the original contract
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told by at least 2 car dealers that they cannot apply this charge for excess mileage due to the consumer act 1974 I think
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So what is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I simply want to know if excess mileage can be charged contrary to the consumer credit act 1974 that as long as the goods are returned have been returned and we have taken reasonable care the is nothing else to pay if that is not the case I will obviously have to pay it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Does the contract say that they can charge for excess mileage? It would be common.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I am pretty sure all PCP deals do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. But what does this particular contract say? That is what is important.I'm just travelling home but I'll be on again at 6.30pm ish.