Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I reside in the UK and have Philippine and British passports

I reside in the UK and have Philippine and British passports (dual nationality). Is there any restriction as to how long I would be allowed to visit my family in the Philippines before returning to the UK?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Under English law, there is no limitation upon how long you can be out of the UK, such as in visiting the Philippines for an extended visit to your family. Once you are a UK citizen and you hold a passport, you can decide how long you want to spend in the UK. In fact, you can go and live in the Philippines for the next 30 years and you can still return to the UK without any problem. So once a UK citizen, always a UK CITIZEN.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your question.