75100385

FAO. Alex Watts. My company X has done work

FAO. Alex Watts. Hello
My company X has done work for company Y at one of Ys customer sites. Ys customer had cause for concern regarding an aspect of the work and Y sent its audit engineer to assess matters. To be fair it transpires that there is a cosmetic issue that X will put right, however Y is now wishing to offset the cost of its audit engineer and is claiming the cost of one day against X’s invoice.
The contract terms as issued by Y do not include anything about offsetting any incurred additional management costs.
Que. Does Y have a right to claiming these costs?
Pete
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Was this audit engineer external to Y or an employee please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

An employee of theirs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

An employee of Y

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then unless the contract says so, this fee cant be recovered. If they wanted it to be recovered in the event of a dispute then the agreement should have set this out. It did not so its clear they did not want it at the time of contract and can't be charged or amended now.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex