Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

My landlord has a long and well documented history of entering

Customer Question

My landlord has a long and well documented history of entering our flat when we are not home, and without permission. Now that we are moving out he is trying to retain our security deposit over many pre-existing conditions. We are prepared to go to the TDS and we are well prepared to stop any of his claims. Now I am wondering if his frequent unlawful visits would nullify his position and his chance at claiming anything off our deposit?
Jackie Holt
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The landlord's access of the property wont nullify the security deposit complaint, but he is potentially guilty of a criminal offence and could face a fine if you can show his actions have caused you harassment. If you want to contest the deposit issue, you need to be able to reply to any deductions that he makes in detail - has he provided you with a list of what deductions he has made?