Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Ok I am asking on behalf of my step daughter. She bought a

Customer Question

Ok I am asking on behalf of my step daughter. She bought a house October 3 2014 with her then boyfriend. They can not sell the property until October 3 2016. The mortgage is in both their names. They were gifted the deposit by his Aunt. The mortgage is about £100,000.They have now split. Her ex partner is saying they will rent the house to his brother until October and then come October his brother will take over the mortgage. She will get no money as the deposit was paid by his Aunt. I think a gifted deposit is exactly that a gift but even if she walks away from the deposit, I do believe she is entitled to have her mortgage payments bought out? Please advise
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required: -Please confirm if they are now married or have any children together?-As the mortgage is in both of their names it would be assumed that title will also be in both of their names - please confirm if this is correct.-Furthermore, was a deed of trust or formal agreement entered into when it was purchased to outline how the property will be dealt with upon separation? If not, has it always been the intention that his aunt's gift will be for his benefit, or was it a gift to both of them?- Do you know the value of the property?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.