75100385

My landlord has a long a well documented history of entering

Customer Question

My landlord has a long a well documented history of entering our flat without permission and when we are not home. He also frequently accuses us to taking and breaking things that either do not exist or are not under our control (like causing cracks to the ceiling). We recently completed the check-out report and expect the results today. I do no expect anything unusual with the check-out but regardless, the landlord have accused us of causing damage and have said that they will not return our security deposit (it's quite a large deposit). We are prepared to go to the TDS as the deposit is in a scheme but I am wondering if it would be better to hire a lawyer rather than present our own documentation to the TDS? Also, I am wondering if the landlord's habit of entering the flat would nullify any claims that he may have? We are American and have lived in the UK for nearly three years. We are not familiar with this process.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.How much is the deposit please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello - I'm confused. Why was my question not answered but marked as complete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello - I have not received an answer or time for a call.