75100385

Would repairing my own taxi on the road outside my house be

would repairing my own taxi on the road outside my house be classed as business work?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How often do you undertake this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
once a week or less
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - is there any reason you are worried about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the local council have said they will prosecute me using the clean neighborhood act 2005 as its in course of a business i do not make any monies from repairing my own vehicles
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The Act states:(1) A person who carries out restricted works on a motor vehicle on a road is guilty of an offence, subject as follows.(2) For the purposes of this section “restricted works” means— (a) works for the repair, maintenance, servicing, improvement or dismantling of a motor vehicle or of any part of or accessory to a motor vehicle; (b) works for the installation, replacement or renewal of any such part or accessory.(3) A person is not to be convicted of an offence under this section in relation to any works if he proves to the satisfaction of the court that the works were not carried out— (a) in the course of, or for the purposes of, a business of carrying out restricted works; or (b) for gain or reward.Given what you have said, you are fixing a taxi which is a business. Therefore it is restricted. However It says you can't be convicted if it is not for gain or reward.Therefore if you can show there is no gain or reward then you can't be convicted.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so would you agree am i safe to repair my car outside my house?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes because the way its worded is you cant be convicted if its not for business (which it is) OR its not for reward or gain. That its not, so I think you are ok.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you that is all today
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. Good luck.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could ask you to rate before you go please. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** rate I am paid. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have a good weekend. Alex