Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

My contract started at 10/2/2016 period of 6 months,

My contract started at 10/2/2016 for a period of 6 months, at 11/3/2016 my employer sacked me without any notice .
Is this legal?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Was the 6 month period fixed? Did the contract have a probation period? Kind regards AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No probation period in the contract and was a 6 month fixed contract.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. If the contract had no probation period and he terminated it without notice and had not right to terminate under the contract you are entitled to sue him for breach of contract. How much was the contract worth for the whole six months?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About £15 000
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. If that is the loss you have suffered, and he wont communicate with you, you will have to sue him to recover the money you are owed. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome - this is a straightforward breach of contract and you can commence a claim here. Did you suffer any other losses as a result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was very helpful indeed.
Can i still contact you if I need for further advise?
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. If I can assist any further or you have a copy of the contract you can post in to this link please do not hesitate to contact. I would be most grateful if you would rate my answer in the mean time. Kind regards AJ