75100385

My partner and I had a heated drink fuelled argument on 6 March

My partner and I had a heated drink fuelled argument on 6 March he hit me I hit him back but he caused damage to two doors by hitting them, he called the police they arrested him - A police officer came back to my home and took a statement which I don't actually remember, I also don't remember the argument as was very drunk - Now he's being charged with common assault and criminal damages and part of his bail conditions is that he cannot contact me or come near our home - we've been together for 9 years, never ever has this ever happened before, not even a threat of a slap - I'm beside myself I want him home we have a 3 year old daughter together and she's so upset and wants daddy home and doesn't understand why he can't come home or that she can't see or speak to him
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to know please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know how we can drop the charges and get him home
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did you give a statement to the Police?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they came back to my home on the evening of the 6 March - I was still drunk and didn't really realise what I was doing, I didn't want to press charges I just thought they were recording the event on paper nothing more than that
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did he give a statement? did he admit anything in interview?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He admitted nothing in the interview as I understand it as he can't really remember what happened either
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What about the 999 call, what did he say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember :(
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Well you can give a statement saying you dont support the prosecution. Assuming he did not admit anything in interview and the 999 shows nothing, then you can refuse to give evidence and this may be dropped. But you will need to give a statement saying you dont support the prosecution. But if there is a 999 call and you can hear him being violent, or there are admissions in interview, or there are photos of your injuries he could still be convicted on that evidence.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there r no photos of my injuries, i have written a letter stating i refuse to give evidence and that i was retracting my statement - is that enough or do i need to go to chelmsford police and give another statement on top of the letter already sent?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to go to the Police station to give a statement saying you withdraw support. A retraction statement is saying it isnt true. Not supporting the prosecution is quite a different thing.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - do you think this will end it?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I cant' say because I have not seen the evidence. But based on the lack of evidence I would be hopeful it could be dropped.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that help? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you - I just want this whole nightmare over with - I will go there today. I just hope this helps and drops the charges.
thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. Alex