75100385

Under UK Contract Law; Does government Statue (Acts) apply

Customer Question

Under UK Contract Law; Does government Statue (Acts) apply to natural persons, citizens and artificial persons (eg. companies) automatically? Or does Statute (Acts) require a signed contract or consent between the government to apply?
I've just taken the the government to court over this, but it was unclear if the judge agreed or not. Implicitly he appeared to agree that “Acts" did not apply to my company without a contract or consent. Thanks.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. I regret to say that statute law, such as an Act of Parliament does not require a contract or specific agreement with a person or company in order to apply. This is because an Act of Parliament is the law of the land and applies to all people irrespective of agreement or a contract. Accordingly, within the area of England & Wales, for example, an Act of Parliament or a statute applies to natural persons, citizens and artificial persons such as companies, automatically. There is no need for a signed contract or a consent in order for the statute to apply. This applies to all aspects of people's behaviour. For example, the speed limit on a road does not require an agreement or a signed consent in order to apply to all persons using the roads. No judge will attempt to dis-apply a statute. So, I very much doubt there was any implicit agreement that Acts of Parliament did not apply to your company without a signed agreement or consent. That is not correct.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your Question.
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, that for the response. But I was born in a country that is a constitutional republic; so I understand that I am a 'sovereign individual' in legalese in that country. I'm UK naturalised and both parents were born in UK. I hold dual nationality. The UK is a constitutional monarchy, and the only sovereign individual is HM Queen. Is it correct that as a sovereign individual I am not bound by acts of Parliament (if I choose to use my position as a sovereign individual)? Or am I completely wrong here?
Please excuse my legal ignorance, but we aren't taught any law at school. Yet as citizens we're required to know all the laws of the land. Sometimes it's a struggle to find out exactly what the law is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I may, I should add: I ask this question based on personal experience. In my 40 years of living in the UK I've had 2 minor (non-violent) disputes with the police relating to Acts of Parliament (not any breach of Common Law). The first dispute I co-operated fully; I spent a night in a police cell, ... ended up in a court, the court let me off. In the second dispute I refused to co-operate with the police. I gave no name, no address, didn't argue. Just passive resistance. I spent 5 hours detained in a police station being interviewed. I said nothing; not a word. The police really wanted to prosecute me too. They eventually let me go; but the head police person involved made it clear that he was extremely angry not to be able to charge me. So nothing came of it. To date I have no civil or criminal prosecutions against me. Even no points on my driving license.
Many thanks again for your advice.Hence I am wondering whether Acts actually do automatically apply to people.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Yes, Acts of Parliament do automatically apply to people.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks. I'd really appreciate it if you can provide a legal reference for this; or a case law. Very happy to pay a bonus for this as I've been looking for it for a while now. To my knowledge Acts have 'the force of law'; but are not laws.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** see the expert has opted out, what else would you like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Many thanks for the message. I'm trying to establish exactly what Law (or legal case) states that government Statue (Acts) apply to natural persons, citizens and artificial persons (eg. companies) automatically?
To my knowledge 'Acts' have 'the force of law'; but are not 'Laws' (like Common Law, Contract Law, ....). I just had a legal case against the government and the judge implied that this was correct. I argued that 'Acts' require a signed contract or consent between the government and persons / companies to be enforced.
I'd really appreciate it if you can answer this question. Very happy to pay a bonus for this as I've been looking for it for a while now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you'd rather discuss this my telephone, let me know what time suits you best.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to accept the additional service please to speak my phone. Then I can call you.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. I'm currently in France on 0033 6 38 77 39 40; or UK mobile 0787(###) ###-####
Bu the best option is skype: landell8888,
Or I can call you. I'm available all today (Monday) and Tuesday. But busy Wednesday.
Please call me when you have the time.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anytime that's convenient for you. I'm at my desk today.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I just tried calling on the UK mobile but it went to voicemail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try skype landell8888
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Landline is better. Calling now. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
big thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.