Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I'm paying child maintence 17 year old daughter who

I'm paying child maintence for my 17 year old daughter who is at college. I have just found out she is pregnant and is going to take maternity leave from her college course, with the intention of finishing her course after she has had the child. She will be 18 years old when she has the child. How do I stand legally with having to pay child maintence for this daughter?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In order to provide you with a full answer please confirm if you are in England or Wales?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Is there a court order for child maintenance or is it voluntary with the resident parent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex got the CSA involved I have to pay until September. My daughter is 18 in June and tells me she is going back to college after the baby is born.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - if she is currently not in college or on an approved government training course then you should not be liable for child maintenance. You will need to contact the CSA and inform them of this change of circumstance. If she returns to college before she is 20 then you will be liable for maintenance again.Please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.